Saturday, November 21, 2009

Goodness and Mercy of God

Looking at my life, I realized I had become more vile than most people I knew. YHWY would have been just to end my life any time. YHWY, who is rich in mercy, wherewith He loved me, brought me from the depths of sin and shame to the most wonderful position where I can boldly come to His throne for grace and mercy in a time of need. I can come to the mount now, where once I could only worship afar off, my heart full of sin. In His goodness I am now free to go up to the top of the mount and be with Him.

As I stay out of the place of defilement (and that's only by His grace and mercy) and seek His face first, He will send a pillar, a cloud and speak face to face with me. Because of His goodness and mercy I, with open face, as in a glass, behold the glory of the Lord and am changed into His image from glory to glory as by the Holy Ghost.

Good and upright [is] the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way (Ps. 25:8).

Thou [art] good, and doest good; teach me thy statutes (Ps. 119.68).

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning (Ja. 1.17).

I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance (Mt. 9.13).

And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem (Mi. 4.2).

No comments: