Saturday, January 02, 2010

Today's Burden

Does anyone, in today's church, talk about the wonders of our Lord or do we say, "Hush! We must not
make mention of name of the LORD (Am. 6.10)."
O, Living God, help me to fear thee. Help me to know thy fear. I will fear no other.
Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread
(Is. 8.13).
In these perilous times, I find myself drawing ever so much nearer our LORD. Indeed, I should tremble, as I see so many simply getting used to the noose the Prince of the Air draws about our necks (that metaphor comes from a fellow truck driver who knows not the LORD). There are so man Christians and non Christians alike, who are engrossed in the world, are getting used to the loss of freedoms and the trampling of the Constitution.
Our Constitution, nation and freedom therein is from God and for the proclamation of the Gospel. Check the quotes of the founding fathers. That is what the United States became a nation for. The enemy took liberty to slip in with his chief spirit, Greed and cause all manner of perversion (that's just a side note).
Let me ask, are you aware of the perilousness of the times? Do you realize we have an enemy or are you just waiting for the rapture and trust God will keep you?
What about that truck driver and others like him? I will witness to him and spend significant time in intercession for him.
Surely, there are people in your sphere of influence I trust you are interceding for and when they least suspect it, you will give them a word which will burn in their hearts leading them to repentance and belief in the Gospel.
O saint reading this post, the last statement refers to you who know and are aware of the time. I'm, in effect, preaching to the choir. Maybe more correctly, I'm one of the congregation preaching to the preacher.
I just started writing a word to encourage those who are lukewarm, yet I know such a word goes unheeded, at least in Connecticut.
So I encourage you, beloved, keep seeking God, let Him be your fear, let Him be your dread. As such, you will have no fear of man nor the perilousness of the times. Pray for me to be instant, in season, out of season when those unsaved men complain about the noose tightening. Then I can be there with a word from heaven, when they least suspect. Faith will come by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. They simply need Almighty God.
Here's a quote I find appropriate to today's burden:
The believing fear of God preserves against the disquieting fear of man. If we thought rightly of the greatness and glory of God, we should see all the power of our enemies restrained. The Lord, who will be a Sanctuary to those who trust in him, will be a Stone of stumbling, and a Rock of offence, to those who make the creature their fear and their hope. If the things of God be an offence to us, they will undo us.
- Matthew Henry

No comments: