Saturday, December 19, 2009

We Must Bless the Lord

Hosanna to the son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest (Mt. 21.9).

I was greatly blessed, one day, to pray with Pastor David Davis. What a man of prayer! The Lord works mightily through those vessels who allow Him.

Of the things he said, "Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near (Mk. 13.28)"

The fact is the tree, Israel, has put forth leaves, her branch is tender and there is fruit thereon. In Israel and all over the Mideast, men are shouting, "Hosanna to the King!"

That is a fulfillment of prophecy in particular. Now the Lord tarries only that more may be saved and enter into His Kingdom. We, therefore, must do all He will lead us to do, yea, even plead with Him, the Almighty King to cause us to do His will for His Kingdom to come. My prayer is for the salvation of those around me. "Help me, O God, to intercede for all those I see and speak to. It is your business, O Lord, to answer prayer and see to it the angels are dispatched to minister to those for whom I pray. Father, you are the One who draws all men to Jesus, so I ask you to draw those whom I have prayed for unto the Lord Christ. It is your will, Heavenly Father, none should perish but all come to righteousness. I have prayed for them and you promised to give me whatsoever I ask in prayer. I believe you have given them as my inheritance for you said, 'Ask of me and I shall give unto thee the heathen for thine inheritance.' Thou, Almighty God, will work all things together for the good of them that love you and are called according to your purpose. Use my voice, words, and acts to win the lost for thee. May all those I pray for proclaim, 'Hosanna, in the highest! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!'"

C.T. Studd wrote, "I met with a track written by an atheist. It read as follows: "Did I firmly believe, as millions say they do, that the knowledge and practice of religion in this life influences destiny in another, religion would mean to me everything. I would cast away earthly enjoyments as dross, earthly cares as follies, and earthly thoughts and feelings as vanity. Religion would be my first waking thought, and my last image before sleep sank me into unconsciousness. I should labour in its cause alone. I would take thought for the morrow of Eternity alone. I would esteem one soul gained for heaven worth a life of suffering. Earthly consequences should never stay my hand nor seal my lips. Earth, its joys and its grief's, would occupy no moment of my thoughts. I would strive to look upon Eternity alone, and on the Immortal Souls around me, soon to be everlastingly happy or everlastingly miserable. I would go forth to the world and preach to it in season and out of season and my text would be, "WHAT SHALL IT PROFIT A MAN IF HE GAIN THE WHOLE WORLD AND LOOSE HIS SOUL?"

I asked the question of a church, “How can I be a blessing?” I pray, “Lord, help me be a blessing to your Church?” This morning, as I awoke singing, “Glory to the Lord God Almighty, the earth is filled with your glory,” I thought, “We are to bless the Lord. How can we be blessing to the Lord?” We are to sing, “Blessed is He who cometh in the name of the Lord.” Yet that statement comes from Jesus’ prophecy about Israel, which is now being fulfilled. That thought brings me to the scourging tract above.

Once again, my question, “How shall I bless the Lord?”

No comments: